How Different Are Under Armour Shoe Sizing to Nike Shoe Sizing?
Unsure about ordering shoes online? Scared that the shoe size will not fit you right? Well, do not worry – We have got you covered. We have done all the research for you so that you will feel comfortable ordering that pair of shoes online. All you need to know about getting those perfect kicks are stated below.
What You Need to Know:
Something great about choosing between Under Armour or Nike is that they are pretty similar to one another when sizing is compared. One thing that makes Under Armour stand out is that all their sizing is a true fit. This makes it more on the snug side for most people. Some shoppers have reported buying three different size shoes online, trying them on, picking the one that fits best, and returning the rest of them. However, this method of choosing shoes will not be necessary if you follow these steps:
How to Find the Corresponding Size for Your Under Armour or Nike Shoe:
The first thing you need to do is grab a pair of shoes that you already own, whether it be Under Armour or Nike. On the tongue of the shoe, you will see a label. Mentioned on the label is the length of the shoe in cm.
With this information, go to the table located below to find the corresponding size of your shoe. This will make ordering the right shoe size easier. However, we have another option that you can use if you do not have a pair of shoes available. This is to trace your foot on a piece of paper. After you have done this, measure from your heel to your longest toe. That note that your longest toe may not be your big toe. In some cases, people will have a longer second toe. This is called Morton’s toe. When you have measured your foot, you will be able to correspond the size in centimeters to the accurate shoe size in either European, American, or British standards.
There are somethings that you need to look at when measuring your foot size. These are:
- If possible, let someone else trace around your foot instead of yourself. This can help in making the measurements more precise. This is important in ensuring you a guaranteed optimal fit.
- You should consider the space needed for socks. Tracing your foot without socks can make the measurements inaccurate. When it comes time put the shoe on, the presence of the socks can leave your foot feeling a bit too snug for your liking. Therefore, to avoid the consequences of a tight-fitting shoe like blisters, you should wear socks when you trace your foot.
- You should put into consideration that your foot swells. This can be caused by participating in activities or just by simply wearing the shoes for a long period of time. If it is possible, try measuring your foot after a day’s work or after participating in in-door or out-door activities.
Below you will find the conversion table where you can find the sizing guide for both men and women. This includes the standard European, British and American sizing:
What Are the Sizing Reviews for Under Armour?
It is said that the Under Armour shoe runs quite small. People have commented on the shoe, stating they are a snug fit. However, when being used for activities, the snugness is looked at in a very positive light.
What Are the Sizing Reviews for Nike?
Customers have stated that the Nike shoe runs smaller than its competitors like Adidas and Reebok. This applies to both Nike’s non-athletic and athletic range of shoes. However, it is quite similar to that of Under Armour. Not only do Nike shoes run a little smaller in length, but they also run smaller in width.
How do These Branded Shoes Compare to Adidas Shoes?
Adidas shoes are said to run true to size. This makes them a bigger fit than both Under Armour and Nike. If you are looking to change from Adidas to Nike, you would need to go down a half size. This will give you the most accurately fitting shoe.
See also: Adidas vs Nike sizing
Which Shoes Run Narrow?
Under Armour, shoes run pretty true to size when considering width. They do have options that run narrower as well as options that run wider. However, overall their shoes are said to run pretty even all-round. In saying this, Nike shoes do run narrower. Not only running smaller on the length but the width too. This makes the overall design of the Nike shoe better for people with narrow feet.
Which Shoes Fit Wider Feet?
Highlighted above, the Nike shoe has been seen to run smaller. This makes it less compatible with someone with a wider foot. This is not saying that Nike does not have options for people with wider feet. They do have such options. These shoes include the Nike Air Zoom Pegasus, the Nike Air Zoom Structure, as well as the Nike Zoom Vomero. However, their overall average design does not accommodate someone with a wider foot. Much like Nike, Under Armour does have a history of being a snug fit and running narrower. In saying this, they also offer shoes that help accommodate people with wider feet. One of these options is the Under Armour Charged Bandit 3. This offers an excellent fit with a wide toe box and a wider width than that compared to their regular shoes. Overall, Under Armour’s average shoe does not run wider and therefore, would not be well-fitting for someone with wider feet.
Under Armour vs Nike Shoe Size Chart:
Below is a comparison chart that will help you see the difference in the sizing of the two different shoes. This is measuring their average shoe and the differences the shoes have against one another. This does not include the brand’s specially designed.
Nike Shoe Sizing Charts
Under Armour Shoe Sizing – Men
Under Armour Shoe Sizing – Women’s
Alternative General Sizing for Under Armour and Nike Shoes:
We have recommended the following suggestions to help you choose the best pair of shoes for you:
- Do not assume your size. It is best to be exact. This is even if you are buying the exact same style of shoe as before. Older shoes tend to become looser with age and general wear and tear. Some conditions such as pregnancy and diabetes can cause your feet to change in size.
- You should follow our sizing guide and measuring tips precisely. It is important to recognize that a few centimetres off from your actual shoe size can change the shoe from feeling snug and perfectly fitting, to utter discomfort.
- What if you wear orthotics for a foot ailment? You need to remember to factor these into the sizing process. The thicker the insole is, the more room it takes up in your new footwear. This will make them feel smaller than they actually are. If this is the case, you may need to half or full-size up. This is depending on your inserts.
- You need to be cautious about the signs that your pair of shoes is a bad fit. Your feet should not be sliding in and out of your shoes. Along with this, tight footwear can cause pain as well as worsen existing foot disorders and deformities.
Do Under Armour and Nike Shoes Fit the Same?
Although they are very similar, they do not fit exactly the same. Under Armour is truer to fit than Nike is. However, it is understandable when people say that they feel similar as they both run quite small. One major difference is that Nike runs a narrower shoe than that of Under Armour. This can make wearing the Nike shoe more snug compared to Under Armour.
Which Shoe is Better?
This is completely subjective. This has everything to do with your experience with the product and therefore, what works for you may not work for someone else. If you own a pair of both Under Armour and Nike shoes, you can be the final judge.