There are a variety of properties that the HEAD Nano Ti 110 holds that makes it an excellent racquet for beginners. These will each be discussed in-depth, giving you accurate information regarding the paddle’s design and specs.
The HEAD Nano Ti 110 Review: Specs
The HEAD Nano Ti 110 squash racket is one of the popular rackets from HEAD, designed to give players a good blend of power and control. Here are the full specifications for the HEAD Nano Ti 110 squash racket:
- Frame Weight: 110 grams
- Balance: Head light
- Head Size: 500 cm² (77.5 in²)
- String Pattern: 14 x 18
- Construction: Nano Titanium
- Length: 27 inches (68.5 cm)
- Grip: Soft grip
- Beam: 20 mm
- Recommended String Tension: 26 +/- 5 lbs (12 +/- 2 kg)
The HEAD Nano Ti 110 Review: Core Features
Now that we’ve talked about The HEAD Nano Ti 100 specs, let’s proceed with its main features:
Racquet Throat Shape
There are two types of racquet throat which are called Teardrop, which is open, and Classic, which is closed. The Teardrop throat squash racquet has a larger strength, bed area, and a larger sweet spot that therefore, tends to offer more power and be more forgiving than a Classic squash racquet. In saying this, a Teardrop racquet is seen as the right option for someone that is beginning to play squash.
The HEAD Nano Ti 110 is a Teardrop racquet and would be a good fit for someone that has little experience in playing squash. This is because the player will have more power and be more forgiving than if a beginner were to use a Classic-shaped racquet.
The HEAD Nano racquet has a head-heavy balance to it. This has both advantages and disadvantages. Being head-heavy, it offers the player excellent maneuverability for quick volleys and flick shots and produces a large amount of power. However, it can be hard to control at speed. This feature of the racquet is quite subjective and is up to personal preference.
This racquet is extremely light, weighing only 110 grams. Having a light racquet aids in being more forgiving which is perfect for beginner players that are still learning their way around the squash court. Along with being forgiving, the lightweight of the racquet is better for maneuvering quickly and is especially great for attacking players.
The different types of strings and string tensions vary. The string tension of the HEAD Nano is relatively in the middle. The tensions are not too high, yet not too low. This allows the racquet to reap the benefits of having both high and low tensions. This means that there is increased control as well as more power. Added to this, it also has Powerfan stringing for even more power.
The paddle has enlarger grommets at 3 and 9 o’clock. This widens the sweet spot, making it more forgiving and increasing power. Made from titanium and carbon construction, the racquet is completely durable which gets you great value for money.
Included in this, the racquet comes with a racquet cover to help protect your racquet after practices or tournaments. This cover is also equipped with an adjustable strap to keep you comfortable.
Why is The HEAD Nano Ti 110 a Great Racquet for Beginners?
The HEAD Nano Ti 110 is considered an excellent racket for beginners for several reasons:
- Lightweight: Weighing in at approximately 110 grams, it’s on the lighter end of squash rackets. This makes it easier for beginners to handle and maneuver, especially when they’re still developing their swing technique.
- Head-Light Balance: The racket is head-light, meaning its balance point is closer to the handle. This offers improved maneuverability and makes it easier for new players to control their shots.
- Durable Construction: Made with Nano Titanium technology, the racket is designed to be both strong and stable. This is especially beneficial for beginners who might not always hit the sweet spot; the racket can withstand off-center hits without getting damaged easily.
- Power and Control: While it’s designed for enhanced power due to its construction and string tension, it doesn’t compromise on control, making it ideal for beginners who are still honing their skills.
- Affordability: Often, the Nano Ti 110 is priced in a range that’s affordable for many, making it a great choice for those who are just getting into the sport and might not want to invest heavily in a racket right away.
- Good String Tension: For beginners, having a racket with a decent string tension means they don’t have to put in as much effort to generate power. The Nano Ti 110 provides a good balance between tension and playability.
If you just starting out with squash and wonder how to work on your skills, read: How To Improve Your Squash Technique
What is The Difference Between Head Nano Ti 110 and Head i110?
Both the HEAD Nano Ti 110 and the HEAD i.110 are popular squash rackets from HEAD, but they have some differences in terms of technology and specifications.
Head Nano Ti 110
- Update in 2022 with new Graphene Technology
- Frame Weight: 110g (3.8oz)
- Strung with Head Synthetic Gut Black String
Here’s a breakdown:
– HEAD Nano Ti 110: This racket utilizes Nano Titanium technology, which provides added strength and stability to the racket frame.
– HEAD i.110:The i.110 uses the “Intellifibers” technology, which is designed to reduce bending by up to 40% during ball impact, providing greater power.
2. Frame Weight:
– HEAD Nano Ti 110: Typically weighs around 110 grams.
– HEAD i.110: Typically weighs around 110 grams as well.
– Both rackets are head light, meaning the balance point is towards the handle, providing enhanced maneuverability.
– HEAD Nano Ti 110: Made with Nano Titanium.
– HEAD i.110: Made with composite materials, including Intellifibers.
5. Beam Width and Other Specs:
– The beam width, string pattern, and other specifications can vary slightly between models and series. However, both rackets are designed to offer a good balance between power and control.
In essence, while both rackets are lightweight and head-light, their main difference lies in the technology used. The HEAD Nano Ti 110 focuses on the strength and stability provided by Nano Titanium, whereas the HEAD i.110 emphasizes the power benefits from its Intellifibers technology.
Players might find one to be more suitable for their style based on these technological differences and personal preferences.
The HEAD Nano Ti 110 is an excellent choice for those entering the world of squash or for intermediate players seeking a reliable and balanced racquet. Its lightweight design, combined with its head-light balance and durable construction, offers a blend of power, control, and maneuverability.
Furthermore, its affordability ensures that players get a premium experience without burning a hole in their pockets. Whether you’re a novice looking for a trustworthy companion on the court or an intermediate player searching for consistent performance, the HEAD Nano Ti 110 comes highly recommended.
Your support means a lot!
I hope this guide helped you discover Head Nano Ti 110 review. Do consider sharing it with your friends and family on social media!