All You Need To Know To Get You Playing Like A Wii Tennis Pro
It can be all fun and games but wouldn’t it be great to show off to all your friends as well. Just like with any game, practice makes perfect. With this, we’ve compiled a list of tips and tricks to get you playing better and better. Simple movements that will elevate your tennis skills and will get you playing like a Wii Tennis pro.
How to Curve the Ball in Wii Tennis:
If You Are Right-Handed On the Fore-Hand Shot:
- Swing normally.
- Make sure the ‘A’ button will face to the left.
- During the swing, turn the Wii remote so that the ‘A’ button faces down.
This will cause the ball to curve left.
- Swing normally.
- Make sure the ‘A’ button is facing to the left.
- Swing the Wii mote so that the ‘A’ button is facing up.
This will cause the ball to curve to the right.
What Are the Effects Of Each Of These Curves?
From the following mentioned above, the ball that curves left will be slower and have a higher shot. Whereas, the ball that curves right will be much faster and be flatter in trajectory.
If You Are Right-Handed On the Back-Hand Shot:
Follow the exact same motions as mentioned at the top, but do it in the back-hand position. The effect this has is that the curve to the right has a right spin which is slower and much higher. The curve to the left has a left spin that is faster and much flatter.
Remember that this is a highly technical skill that takes time to master. Practice in Wii Tennis Training before attempting it against your opponents. With four of these curves. Be careful not to apply too much swing as this may cause the ball to go out, and result in you losing a point. If you are struggling to master curving the ball, do not worry. We have a few more tips to get you playing like a pro.
More Tips and Tricks:
- Play with caution when swinging at a ball that is out of bounds. Rather, let it drop as this will score you a point.
- Have your Wii-mote positioned and ready before your opponent is ready to serve. This will help you anticipate when the ball comes to your side of the court.
- Play on both sides of the court. This is possible to do. All that it requires is for you to select the same Mii for both players.
- Direct your shots properly. The sooner you get this right, the better for your playing. The way you can do this by paying attention to where your racquet is pointing. This helps you work out where you place a shot.
- Practice your power serve. A power serve is a faster serve that quickly passes across the screen. This serve is harder for your opponent to return, making the odds before for you to score the point.
See also: How to Spin the Ball in Wii Tennis